LELAND PUBLIC SCHOOL
Board of Education 2012-2013
The mission of the Leland Public School District is to provide a visionary, innovative curriculum and learning environment to achieve maximum individual growth by developing essential skills, thought processes, self-reliance, and motivation necessary for lifelong learning in pursuit of a satisfying career.
- The Board of Education recognizes its right and responsibility to build and maintain a world-class program.
- The Board of Education is committed to maintaining a sound financial base.
- The Board of Education recognizes its responsibility to foster the development of our most valuable resource, our staff.
- The Board of Education recognizes that regular and open communication is essential with the students, staff, parents, and community.
- The Board of Education is committed to providing facilities, grounds, and educational resources maintained at the highest possible standard so as to enhance the educational experience of all students and staff.
- The Board of Education recognizes the value of and fully supports 0-5 early childhood programming.
- The Board of Education understands that collaboration across district lines is now necessary to maintain both the world-class program and a sound financial base.
The first and foremost goal of the Board of Education of Leland Public School is to create a culture in which every child can succeed. To that end, the Board will:
- Maintain healthy enrollment while continuing to develop programs, curriculum, and instructional practices that prepare students to compete successfully in a global society.
- Investigate and pursue alternatives that will allow the administration and staff to provide the best academic and co-curricular programs for our students through careful and creative use of finances.
- Promote and communicate the quality educational experiences and successes of the students in the Leland Public School.
- Develop expectations for the new school administration.
- Update policies to reflect the current needs of students and staff.
- Work alongside food service staff to substantially increase its offerings of whole, fresh foods; to purchase ingredients and whole foods locally and/or seasonally when possible; to replace heat and serve cooking with scratch cooking when feasible; and to avoid questionable food additives, ingredients, and products.
Board of Education Meeting Schedule
To email the LPS Board of Education, click here.