Whether you are new to Leland Public School or have been here for years, you will find quick answers to the questions that parents ask about most often.
1. What do I need to enroll my child at Leland Public School?
To enroll your child in our school district, please provide us with the following:
• Birth Certificate
• Proof of Residency
• Immunization Records
2. How do I report an absence for my child?
To report an absence for your child, please email Mary Priest or call the main office at 256-9857.
3. What if I want to use a school district facility?
Contact the school office to complete a Building Use Application. This is a triplicate form and is not available on the web site.
4. Can my child attend Leland Public School if I am not a resident of Leland Township?
Contact the school office for an Out-of-District Enrollment Application.
5. Do you provide before and after school day care?
4-H Kids clubs provides after school care for elementary students. Further information here: Leland 4H Kids Club Information.
6. Are we required to purchase any school supplies?
At the elementary level, there are no specific school requirements. Teachers will provide students with a list of suggested supplies at the start of school. Grades 7-12 may be dependent upon classes and students will be advised at the start of school.
7. What time does the school day begin?
Elementary classes begin at 8:15 AM.
Secondary classes begin at 8:30 AM.
On Late Start Wednesdays, all students begin class at 9:00 AM to allow staff time to work within their PLC (Professional Learning Community) Groups. Buses run at regularly scheduled times and students are welcome to arrive at 8:00 AM. Supervised activities are provided for elementary students in the small gym between 8:00-9:00 AM.
8. How do I pay for lunch?
9. How do I get to Leland Public School?
10. My child has special needs. What types of services are available?
Please contact our Counselor, Heather Lowe at 231-256-9857 to learn more about available services.
11. How do I access my child’s grades online?
Leland Public School currently uses PowerSchool as its student information system. Power School provides parents of students in grades 7-12 with 24/7 access to student attendance and grades. Links to PowerSchool are provided on every page of the LPS website.
Parents that are new to the district can apply for a user id and password at the school office. Parents of students in grades 7-12 can also apply for user id and passwords through the school guidance office. Unique user id and passwords are issued for each child of the parent.
12. How do I obtain a copy of the school district budget and annual financial report?
Contact the Sandy Potts, Business Manager in the school office.